JCB 86C-1 Compact Excavator
|Model||86C-1 Compact Excavator|
How can we help?
At JCB, we've been building tracked excavators for over 50 years. Our 86C compact excavator is product of all this experience and insight, designed to be robust, strong and durable without compromising performance. J
CB's 86C is high performance, productive excavator. Peak power and torque at low engine speeds makes for efficient cycles, and there's a wealth of innovative design features to get the most from every drop of fuel.
We've always believed that a fundamental part of high productivity is a comfy, ergonomic working environment. Consequently, you'll find that cabs and controls on an 86C are great places to work, even for long stints.
A safe site is of paramount importance to any owner; likewise machinery that's easy and fast to service. The 86C will protect the machinery, operators and bystanders .
Our compact excavators are designed to give you more than just great performance and long service life. Machines like the 86C will also provide ultimate value for the money, both on and off your jobsites.
- LOW COST OF OWNERSHIP: The load-sensing hydraulics on JCB‘s 8-tonne excavators only consumes power on demand, conserving fuel for when you need it most. The patented near zero pressure return line circuit further improves fuel efficiency as the pump does not need to overcome as high a pressure before any work can be done. A unique feature for even greater fuel economy, the engine rpm automatically drops below idle when the operator‘s armrest is lifted, reducing noise levels. Auto idle can be programmed to activate between 2 and 30 seconds after the controls have been inactive to increase fuel efficiency. With two dig modes (including ECO for maximum efficiency or heavy for maximum productivity) you can tailor performance to suit your application. With identical bucket pin geometry to the world leading JCB 3CX backhoe loader, attachments are fully interchangeable. Because damage sometimes happen on site, we use flat glass windows throughout, minimizing replacement costs.
- SAFETY: The 86Z cab is ROPS and TOPS compliant with optional Level 1 & 2 FOPS protection. Further optional front windshield guards provide peace of mind for operators, while boom and optional cab work light guards protect vulnerable components in hazardous applications. Stability on both machines is best-in-class thanks to a large track frame width and low center of gravity. JCB‘s safety lever lock fully isolates hydraulic functions to prevent unintended movement. Our unique 2GO system ensures your compact excavator hydraulics can only be operated in a safe, lockable position via two separate inputs. Additionally, the hydraulics can only be activated when the operator is seated and the seat belt is worn. The JCB 86C has excellent front visibility courtesy of a 70/30 front split windshield. What‘s more, there‘s a clear view of the front right track for easy, safe trench digging and maneuvering. Overall we have 11% more visibility than prior models.
- STRUCTURAL STRENGTH: Our fully robot welded boom and four-plate dipper design are made of high tensile strength steel, with internal baffle plates providing added structural strength for long life durability. The bodywork on our compact excavators is made exclusively from pressed steel with no plastic, so it‘s strong and easy to repair. These latest 8-tonne class machines boast a heavy-duty kingpost which features durable re-bushable pivots to optimize service life. It also provides a safe route for all excavator hoses. We‘ve used only tried and tested premium manufacturers like JCB Diesel by Kohler engines, Nachi and Bosch-Rexroth hydraulic components and Bridgestone tracks. High quality 17.7in (450mm) rubber tracks with interlocking links will perform in even the most rugged applications. The heavy-duty boom cylinder guard provides excellent protection with optional dipper and crowd cylinder guards available.
- SERVICEABILITY: JCB compact excavators have the best SAE service rating on the market, because routine checks can be done without special tools through a gas-strutted 30˚ tilting cab. All dig end and dozer greasing intervals are best-in-class at 500 hours due to our graphite impregnated bronze bushes, saving time and money. Underneath the wide opening steel hood, you can easily fill the fuel tank on a JCB compact from ground level, made easier with the external diesel indicator. The optional refueling pump features an auto stop function for reduced spillage and increased safety. The sealed idler tension unit stops soil build-up; and dozer hoses terminate at the bulkhead for simple replacement. The two piece floor mat is removable for easy cleaning while the anti-slip cast tread plate provides safe entry and exit as well as long term protection to the paint bodywork. Our 17.7 in (450 mm)/23.6 in (600mm) steel tracks are pre-drilled to allow easy fitment of bolt on rubber pads. There is also the option of dedicated Road Liner Pads (GeoGrip), which enable individual segments to be replaced if damaged.
- PRODUCTIVITY: The new 8T range has a JCB Diesel by Kohler Tier 4 final compliant engine. This boasts DOC, turbo charging and intercooler. Power is increased to 48kW at just 2200rpm, and there‘s 300Nm of torque. This engine doesn‘t need a diesel particulate filter (DPF), reducing servicing, increasing uptime and improving fuel efficiency. Tractive effort and 5kph tracking speeds are class leading, ensuring high dozer capabilities and fast travel times. To increase productivity our auto kickdown motors automatically adapt to changes in terrain increasing productivity and reducing operator fatigue. ZTS or CTS? Productivity can be seen to be better with either option, CTS because of the added stability, lifting capacity and larger dig end, or ZTS as the operator does not have to think about what‘s around them, which in turn could speed up work, especially in confined spaces. JCB offers both options to suit the customer. A premium closed center pump and valve provides improved flow sharing for smooth, precise and balanced operation during multi-functioning. Versatility is part of the package: our twin auxiliary lines generate both high and low hydraulic flows for an array of attachments. The new dozer profile and angle provides high performance with low soil retention for easy cleaning; combined with tapered lift points which are positioned behind the edge of the blade providing excellent protection. We offer a dozer blade float option which enables easier ground leveling and efficient site clean-up. Along with an angled dozer blade to speed up trench back filling.
- COMFORT: The cab is incredibly spacious and its large door provides easy, safe access. Inside, you‘ll find 6% more space than before, plenty of storage, a phone tray, stowage nets and cup holder. A radio, 12V phone charger, powerful heater with window de-mister and a high performing air conditioning system with 9 vents completes the picture. To ensure all-day operator comfort, there‘s fully adjustable suspension seating with an optional heated air suspension seat with independent adjustable positions. Switches are ergonomically laid out around a crystal clear informative color LCD display with optional reversing camera. The standard electro proportional high flow line has 10 selectable flow rates for total attachment compatibility and seamless operation. A switch in the cab provides easy operation of single or double-acting auxiliary flow. The hydraulic valve block is isolated from the chassis by rubber mounts for reduced noise and vibration. It‘s also easily accessed beneath the side-opening bonnet. With ergonomic electro-hydraulic dozer control as standard, operators can achieve smooth and precise grading control.