The sometimes subtle (and sometimes not) signs
that your lift truck needs service – in Top Ten Form
Ignoring these signs, or other obvious malfunctions could result in damage to your equipment and an unsafe vehicle and work environment.
10. Engine turns over slowly – may require a new battery, starter or alternator, or belt.
9. Rough idling, hesitation or stalling on acceleration – may require a tune-up.
8. Excessive emissions – visible white, blue, or black smoke from the exhaust system. A strong exhaust odor may also indicate high emissions.
7. Rougher or harsher than normal ride – tires may require replacement due to uneven wear or wear beyond specs.
6. Leaks within or beneath the forklift.
5. Hardened, cracked or brittle hoses.
4. Engine temperature exceeding normal operating heat range.
3. Slow or jerky hydraulic response when using lift, tilt or attachment functions.
2. Inconsistent braking – brakes squealing or brakes locking – or requiring too much pedal input.
1. Binding and or excessive play found in the mast – upright or carriage assembly – lift chains, bearings, or mast shims may be worn beyond specs.
Allow only trusted, qualified forklift service professionals to work on your lift equipment. Norlift has Toyota and JCB certified technicians in eastern Washington, north Idaho and western Montana to handle all yours service needs.